These are the “latest and greatest” that I just can’t live without when it comes to putting my daily makeup on. I have been using all of these products throughout summer (or longer) and am absolutely in love with them, so I just had to share them with you all.
1. Urban Decay’s B6 Complexion Prep Spray: This is one of Urban Decay’s latest complexion products and it is something I look forward to using everyday. It is infused with several vitamins that are great for your complexion and it helps to minimize any redness, which is extremely useful for my random red chin in the mornings. It feels so wonderful to spray on in the mornings before I put my makeup on, I don’t think this one will ever find it’s way out of my daily makeup routine.
2. Boots Botanics Color Adjusting Foundation: This foundation deserves a post of its own. I have tried SO many foundations (Urban Decay, Benefit, Revlon, L’Oreal, Too Faced,etc) and I am absolutely stunned at the quality of this foundation. It feels like pure silk on the skin; it smells like fresh cucumbers in the best way possible, and it feels light on my skin while covering all of my imperfections. I received a sample of this foundation at my local Target a few weeks ago, and after only one use of the sample I went straight back to go buy the product and toss all of my old foundations away.
3. Benefit Fake Up Concealer: I use this concealer under my eyes and I have really been enjoying it. It deposits just the right amount of color and the vitamin E that surrounds the core leaves my skin soft and glowing. If I don’t have my other concealer with me to cover up spontaneous blemishes, this will also do the trick! The vitamin E will help to heal the blemish too, which is a bonus 🙂
4. Make – Up Forever Full Cover Concealer: This has been my go-to concealer for a long time now and I love it. It is a waterproof, long-lasting concealer that will take care of any imperfections or blemishes on my skin. The only downside to this product is when I use it under my eyes, sometimes it does the job perfectly, but when my skin is somewhat dry I noticed that it creases under my eyes at times, which is why I love my Benefit Fake up for the under eye area.
5. Benefit Speed Brow: For the last few months I have been “embracing my full brows”. I have been blessed with thicker brows, but I use to let the nail salon ladies across the street wax them for $8.00 for who knows how many years and I slowly realized i was getting what I was paying for. After a trip to my neighborhood Ulta and Benefit Brow Bar, I began to let the ladies work their magic and realized the potential my brows had. The downside of this? I actually had to TAKE CARE of my eyebrows. Bigger brows = unruly brows …… so I slowly began to rely on this snazzy little product. I don’t use pencils, powders, pens, or who knows what else! All I need is a quick groom with this brush and my eyebrows look perfect. Viola!
6. Clinique Glossy Mascara: I have been going back and forth with this mascara since high school (we won’t talk about how many years ago that was). I have long lashes, so I prefer a mascara that emphasizes what I already have. This mascara leaves my lashes with a gorgeous black sheen and it is always reliable!
7. Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: All I have to say is that when I have an opening shift at the coffee shop and have to apply my makeup at 3:30 am, I spray this amazing stuff on and at 1:30pm my makeup hasn’t moved an inch: AMAZING. Plus, it feels light and it doesn’t clog pores. I have my mom hooked on this as well because she lives in Arizona and she needed help keeping her makeup on her face once she stepped out into the 110 degree weather. Needless to say, she has already gone through two bottles of this and loves it.
So those are my basics that I can’t live without these days. What about you guys? Any amazing basics that you have encountered? I’d love to hear!
I’ll have another post sometime this week about my go-to lipsticks and blushes, as well! So check back 🙂